Experimental Typography

click on image to link to flickr set

The experimental typography project allowed me to do something that was completely different. I set some indulgent parameters to begin with; I wanted it to be completed by hand and I wanted it to be in colour, but aside from those restrictions I allowed myself to do whatever. I got into ‘cut ups’¬†inspired by the Dadaists and found out that William Burroughs and David Bowie used them also. I used the technique to create the poem and then cut up Ariel (well used the top left and bottom right of Ariel) to illustrate it.

Really enjoyed the freedom of this brief even if I am a little unhappy with the outcome.




Click image to link to flickr set

This project was to create packaging for a new range of perfume that will help Primark raise its profile to high street fashion. For this project I created a font as part of the branding.